Make Green Tea
Water Temperature: 170 – 190 degrees
Steeping Time: 1 – 3 minutes
Amount of Tea: 2 – 3 grams per 8 ounces of water
1. Heat fresh, cold water in a kettle. Do not reuse water that has previously been boiled, or your tea will have a flat taste.
2. Once the water is heated, pour some into your teapot or mug. Swirl it around then pour it out. This will warm the pot or mug and keep your tea hot while it steeps.
3. Place loose leaf tea into an infuser, then place the infuser into your teapot or mug. Be sure to leave plenty of room for the tea leaves to expand, or your tea will not steep properly. Another option is to place the tea leaves directly into your teapot; then use a strainer to catch the leaves as you pour the tea into a cup. This option allows the tea leaves plenty of room to steep.
4. Pour water from your kettle over the tea and allow to steep. Do not over steep or your tea may become bitter.
5. When the time is up, remove the infuser or pour the tea through a strainer.